Major features and benefit:
Futronic’s FS80H USB2.0 Fingerprint Scanner uses advanced CMOS sensor technology and precise optical system to deliver high quality fingerprint image. It can capture an almost un-distorted raw fingerprint image into PC in 100ms. So it is good for any fingerprint recognition application.
Its finger scanning window is a crown glass with a thickness of 14mm. So it is much more reliable and robust compared to any semiconductor type fingerprint sensor.
The finger is illuminated by 4 infra-red LEDs during scanning and the light intensity is automatically adjusted according to scanning fingerprint’s characteristics (wet, dry, blurred, etc) to optimize the quality of the captured fingerprint image.
Special electronic circuit is built into FS80H to do Live Finger Detection (LFD). That is, with appropriate software in PC, user can select this LFD feature so that only live finger’s fingerprint will be scanned into PC. Fake fingers made from silicone rubber, play-doh, etc, will be rejected. And the LFD feature is included in all Futronic’s standard software.
– Fingerprint scanning window size is 16x24mm
– Image resolution is 320×480 pixel, 500 DPI
– Image format is 8 bit 256 grayscale.
– Raw fingerprint image file size is 150K byte
– With Live Finger Detection (LFD) feature
– USB 2.0 compatible interface, plug and play device. WHQL approved for Vista 32&64 bit.
Small size, 64 x 48 x 27 mm Ø- With a 2M standard USB cable
– Light weight, 120g
– Operation temperature: -10 to +55 C
– Light source: Infrared LED
– Supply voltage: DC 4.5-5.5V via USB port
– Power consumption:
– Active<700mW(during finger scanning),
– Standby< sleep moden200mW, <2.5mW
– SD Contact :
– 8KV no permanent damage Air discharge – 16KV no permanent damage